Discover honest assessments and insightful analysis of NetFirms to
make informed purchasing decisions. Explore reputable reviews covering popular brands providing you with
valuable clarity and confidence in your choices.
When purchasing a domain from Netfirms, they advertise that they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. When looking to exercise a money back option, Netfirms states that it is only offered for hosting. Even though the ad runs prominently on the domain checkout (with not link to click on or disclaimers present). I have a screenshot of the checkout page but cannot figure out how to upload it here. Below is the chat from Netfirms. I should have read these reviews before purchasing as I would have seen their lack of support. I want to emphasize while you read the chat, that the checkout screen for DOMAIN PURCHASES offers the money-back guarantee and there is no mention of only-domain hosting. Federal Trading Commission states that "Under the law, claims in advertisements must be truthful, cannot be DECEPTIVE OR UNFAIR, and must be evidence-based." Chat below:
Me: I was offered a 30 day money back guarantee on the website. I want to exercise that on a few of my domains that I registered.
• Justin joined
• Justin: Hi. Welcome to Chat Support!
• Me: Hi
• Justin: The 30 day money back guarantee is applicable only for the hosting. It is not applicable for the domains Once the domain is registered or renewed, you cannot cancel it. It will be valid till its expiration
• Me: That is a misleading ad. I'm on the page at domain checkout and at the top of the screen it clearly says "Satisfaction Guaranteed Netfirms offers a 30-day money-back guarantee." On the domain checkout page.
• Justin: I'm sorry, it is only for the hosting.
• Me: Is Netfirms US based?
• Justin: Yes, we are US based
• Me: What is the government agency that regulates advertising for consumer protection? Found it. FTC. On their website the first line states " Under the law, claims in advertisements must be truthful, cannot be deceptive or unfair, and must be evidence-based."
• Justin: Click on 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee to get the information It will show the exact information: https://www.netfirms.com/popups/ip_pop_features.bml?type=mbg
• Me: There is no clickable link on the checkout page.
• Justin: You can check our TOS of domain registration here: https://www.netfirms.com/legal/legal-domain.html
• Me: That's not clear and identifiable from the checkout page. Consumers go to purchase a domain and are exposed to a prominent badge and statement that says there is a 30 day money back guarantee. It does not state that first one should navigate the rest of the website to find a TOS on an entirely different page.
• Justin: I'm in the checkout page and there is no such advertisements for the domains It is for the hosting plan
• Me: It does not state that.
• Justin: Alright, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Worst company ever! After 13 years of loyalty and 40 domains names, no recognition and discovered that they make many errors in the billing and they won't refund anything despite their error. Avoid this shitty company at all costs! even when they give you credit, you won’t be able to view the available credits in your account. Is this normal ? What a waste of money and time. This company has very questionable billing practices. I strongly dissuade anyway from using Netfirms.
i've hosted with netfirms for almost 15 years. they started out based in canada, and now i'm not sure. they USED to have phenomenal customer service where your exact issue would be handled in 10 minutes... and now i'm on hold for almost half an hour and probably will talk with someone who hardly speaks english and doesn't understand websites. but the worst part is that they've started getting pushy about their billing. for instance, they decided without my knowledge that my domains needed certain additional services. then they charged me for them. and just now, they shut down ALL my sites because they decided that i needed to renew for an additional service that i didn't say i wanted. it is predatory. i'm moving all my domains off of netfirms as soon as i can.
Ive dealt with them for years and their customer service has gone down but i think today was the last straw. I was looking over the Future charges and noticed my SSL is going to be renewed at $59.99. Intro price was $39.99, they do say the renewal price is different and when you follow the link the regular price is !! $35.99!! So i went to chat with customer support and the lady tells me that it's just the Reg price page has not been updated yet. I said well you were quick to update my Future charges but not the other page. Anyway the billing department is going to be looking over this issue. She gave me a ticket #, i asked why it doesnt show up in My tickets area. She said "they are improving the tickets area for better and faster support". Im just shaking my head.
You get cheap hosting -- both in price and service. And you'll spend more of your time than you bargain with these guys. (What's your time worth?)
They charge in US Dollars (despite being a Canadian Company!) but they don't note that their fees are in US dollars on their website. So, you have an extra 35-40% exchange rate on what they advertise. This is not a business that is honest and up-front about their practices.
I've dealt with Netfirms for many years, and had 8 clients use their hosting service. Now I have 1 client left on their servers and I'll be moving them within 2-3 months.
Most emails go unanswered, and dealing with online chat takes 30-40 minutes to resolve any issue. Their uptime isn't near what they guarantee either.
The last resort was a fraudulent charge to my credit card. It was an automatic renewal of hosting, for a website that had been discontinued last year. I never signed up for automatic renewal, and received no notification of the charge.
Once I discovered the charge on my bill, I contacted them, they refused to fully refund it. What should have been a quick "no problem sir" chat, turned into 50 minutes which wasted my lunch hour, and then I had to dispute the charge with my Credit Card Company.
يقدم HostAdvice.com مراجعات وتقييمات احترافية بخدمات استضافة مواقع الانترنت مستقلة تماما عن أي جهة أو كيان آخر. تقييماتنا عادلة وأمينة وتطبق نفس معايير التقييم على كل المراجعات التي تتم.
يتم استلام تعويض نقدي من الشركات التي نقوم بتقييمها. تعويض الخدمات والمنتجات ليس له تأثير على توجه أو استنتاجات تقييماتنا. ولا تؤثر هذه التعويضات على ترتيبنا لشركات استضافة المواقع المحددة. تغطي هذه التعويضات تكاليف الإنفاق على المراجعين، شراء الحسابات، والاختبار.